Welcome to 2021!
I am sure we are all glad to have put 2020 behind us, with all its many challenges. It truly was a year of incredible disruption, with a global pandemic, racial tensions, and political upheaval creating much anxiety and fear. Thankfully, God is in control and at work, even in the midst of chaos and difficulty. Crisis presents both danger and opportunity.
As we begin this new year, it is good to remind ourselves that God’s desire is that we live a life of progress (1 Timothy 4:12-15). Each day is an opportunity to grow and to change, and to make our world a better place through acts of love and kindness. Like Jesus, may we always be ‘doing good’ wherever we are (Acts 10:38).
Personal growth doesn’t just happen. It has to be intentional and is the result of a commitment to taking steps to develop our God-given potential. Sadly, many people spend more time thinking about their holidays than their life! [You can listen to a recent 20-minute message I gave on ‘How to Develop a Personal Growth Plan‘ on my podcast channel]
Here on Kevin Conner’s web site, we are committed to continuing to provide you with resources that will help you grow as a Christian and/or church leader. Why not think about your next step or set some goals for yourself this year? Here are a few ideas:
Devotional Bible Reading
Reading God’s Word on a daily basis is like our daily food. It helps nourish us and positions us to hear from God and gain wisdom for life. Kevin Conner has commentaries on many books of the Bible that are helpful tools for gleaning the most from your Bible reading. Here is Kevin’s current Bible commentary list: Genesis, Deuteronomy, Psalms, Isaiah, Jeremiah and Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, The Minor Prophets, Matthew, Acts, Romans, Hebrews, Jude, and Revelation. Which books of the Bible will you read this year?
In-depth Bible Study
Kevin loved to study the Bible for himself but also took great delight in equipping others with keys to studying the inspired Scriptures. That’s why he developed the “Key of Knowledge” Seminar, which teaches methods and principles for researching the Bible and principles of interpretation. You can take this entire week-long course online at your own pace with video teaching from Kevin Conner. Course registration includes all the required textbooks (PDF downloads). Why not make it a goal to complete this seminar in 2021?
- Key of Knowledge Seminar (Part 1) – Methods and Principles of Bible Research
- Key of Knowledge Seminar (Part 2) – Interpreting the Bible
Kevin’s best-selling book is ‘The Foundations of Christian Doctrine‘ which is a detailed overview of the major Christian doctrines as gleaned from the Scriptures. This is his masterpiece book and is foundational to so many of his other writings and teachings. Kevin taught this material many times in Bible Colleges around the world and we are pleased to have videoed one of these times. You can now take this entire course (67 lectures) online. Registration includes lifetime access to the video teachings and all the required textbooks (PDF downloads). Why not make it a goal to complete this course in 2021?
- Foundations of Christian Doctrine (Part 1)
- Foundations of Christian Doctrine (Part 2)
- Foundations of Christian Doctrine (Part 3)
- Foundations of Christian Doctrine (Part 4)
Another option is to listen to the shorter 8-part teaching series “The Foundations of Christian Doctrine” on Kevin’s podcast (started on 3rd November 2020).
Kevin had a fascination with ‘end times’ and understanding how the purposes of God are being played out in our times. He particularly loved studying the book of Revelation and other related prophetic books such as Daniel and Ezekiel. If this is an area of interest for you, you will enjoy the following resources:
- ‘Welcome to the End’ Seminar – 5 free videos you can watch online.
- “Apocalyptic Events”, 8 teaching episodes on Kevin’s podcast (September 2019).
- The Book of Revelation – An Exposition. This book is the culmination of life time of study in the Scriptures. An epic, verse by verse study, this extensive exposition will keep the reader intrigued and engaged for months and years to come.
- Interpreting the Book of Revelation. This important book describes the fundamental principles for unlocking the mysteries of the Book of Revelation. Not an exposition in itself, the text purposely avoids eschatological controversy by focussing on teaching the reader how to apply proper hermeneutical principles. Because hermeneutics is both a science of knowing the rules and an art of application, the reader is given relevant principles of interpretation, then challenged to accurately apply them. Self-study assignments are provided to assist in this learning process.
- The Christian Millennium – Studies in Eschatalogical Millennial Views. For the serious student of end-time events and the varying views of millennialism, here is an alternative view on a number of points of controversy. Most students of biblical prophecy will have heard of post-millennial, a-millennial, historic pre-millennial schools of thought, along with futurist and dispensationalist pre-millenarians. But in ‘Christian Millennialism’, Kevin Conner presents an alternative view for the reader’s consideration.
- The Book of Daniel – an Exposition. Kevin’s verse by verse commentary on the book of Daniel.
- The Seventy Weeks Prophecy – An Exposition of Daniel 9. This unique book is an exposition of Daniel 9, which is one of the most marvelous and amazing prophecies of all Bible prophecies. This prophecy is like a seed prophecy, and each of its clauses, when watered by the Spirit and Word of God is like a tree in itself, rich in blossoms of truth.
- What About Israel? In this important booklet, Kevin looks at the hot topic of ‘Israel’ and how this nation fits into God’s purposes as outlined in the Bible. Weaving together insights from both the Old and New Covenants, a much needed clear picture is presented, which is especially relevant in the midst of the current confusion about Israel, especially amongst Christians.
Whatever your passion or area of interest, may you experience much personal growth in 2021 and come to know God in a deeper and more intimate manner.